Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Gotta Have One of These ...


Went by my local Ford Dealer today, happened to be there just after they had unloaded 6 new 2010 Roush Mustangs. Two Roush Stage Ones, in black and red, and 4 427Rs, in white, black, red, and a black convertible. My goodness, what beautiful cars. I'd take one of these over a new Shelby Mustang in a heartbeat.

Sticker price was pretty decent, 51K for a fully loaded 427R. While the 427R doesn't have as high a horsepower rating as the Shelby (435hp vs. 500hp), magazines I have read state that it is quicker. It certainly looks better. Did I mention how good it looks? It's production numbers are much lower than Shelby, so it is a rarer beast to have. Did I mention how good looking it is?

A curious note - they have a sticker I had not seen before next to the normal window sticker - a 'global warming rating'. They didn't rate very high on this scale (meaning tree huggers don't like it), which makes me want one even more!

Not that it matters, there is no way I'll ever get one of these unless Obama sends me the keys as my stimulus package. Hell, I'd even vote for him if he did that!

3 comments:

Kath said...

WTF??? A global warming rating?? Stop it.

Just get the convertible, then you can put the top down and YOU can be warmed by global warming!!

(And I thought we were supposed to have the new name of climate change.)

Kath said...

P.S. -- You just "happened" to go by the dealership at just that time, huh? Sure you did. ;)

67Cougar said...

Actually, I had gone by to complain to the service department about a repair they did (not) do for me. I had no idea the Roush's were hitting the dealers yet.

The global warming sticker isn't a joke - it was on all of the 2010s on the lot. Unbelievable ....