Thursday, June 4, 2009

David Carradine - RIP

Actor David Carradine, age 72, was found dead in his Bangkok hotel room. He had apparently hanged himself. He had just arrived at the hotel to being shooting another film.

Like most folks of our generation, my introduction to David was his role as 'Caine' in the early '70s series 'Kung Fu'. He appeared in over 100 feature films, the most recent of note being 'Kill Bill Vol.2"

David was a wierd duck, but I enjoyed everything I saw him act in. His manner of slow speech and movement, along with his 'Kung Fu' background, gave him an aura of Far East wisdom (even in his performances of 'Wild West Tech' on the History Channel!).

The articles I've seen about his passing indicated he had suicidal tendencies for years - I don't know what troubled him, but I hope he's found peace.

No comments: