Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Someone Blew Smoke Up Our Asses Before Obama!

Someone sent this little tidbit to my wife through email. Thought I'd share it with the vast viewing audience ...

This is a device used to administer a Tobacco Smoke Enema. Yes, this is where the term 'blow smoke up someone's ass' came from. This thing was supposed to cure a whole range of maladies, up to and including resuscitating drowing victims.

Amazing ... Makes you wonder what doctors and others two hundred years in our future will think of the medicine we currently consider 'state of the art'.

I thought at first this was an internet joke, but I googled it ... and sure enough it is real.

(Oh, and if anyone out there wants to weigh in with comments comparing this device with Obama's Health Care Reform, please be my guest ... the floor is yours!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, this is priceless. Do you think I could get one of these on eBay?

Kath said...

But why -- how -- eewwwwww!!