Monday, July 20, 2009

How About a Little Airport Etiquette, Please ...

On the road on business today. Had a wonderful pre-dawn experience at my home airport.

To Mr. Three Piece Suit Businessman, who stood in line just in front of me waiting on the ticket counter for 20 minutes ... Dude ... what the hell did you eat last night? Every 30-45 seconds delivered another eye watering SBD attack.

To Grunge Boy, in the security line directly in front of me. First off, grunge died in the '90s - didn't you get the message? Second, you know you have to take off your shoes through security. Why don't you bother to wash your feet, or put on clean socks? The stench when he took off his shoes made me gag.

Do people try to be as disgusting as they can when they know they're going to be in close quarters with their fellow human beings, or are they just stupid?

1 comment:

Kath said...

The last time I was at the airport I was a tad cranky anyway, bec. hadn't seen my Sweets in 8 months, bec. he was in Iraq, so when the plane was 2 hrs. late coming in, I had to just sit and wait.

So as I'm sitting there fuming over what's 2 more hours after all this time, as opposed to he's going back again in a few days, we NEED the 2 hours -- I started to be amazed at the people.

This was mid (now later) afternoon on a weekday. Did you just realize at 3:00 in the afternoon you had a plane to catch? So you dragged on your worst piece of crap clothes to clump thru an airport?

And I was sitting in the hallway, across from a coffee shop, and I could see people as they lined up to hand over their tickets and go through security, bec. that's where he would coming out.

Seemed like it went from casual to "I want to look like a homeless person". For the most part people looked like bums. Silly me for thinking you'd put on decent clothes and at least attempt to appear coherent when you went to get on a plane.