Monday, July 19, 2010

What's "Fair Share" ?

I've heard this so many times from liberals I am sick of it.

How many times must we hear that the 'rich' don't pay their 'fair share'?

I in no way consider myself rich. The definition of 'rich' changes depending upon who you ask, and sometimes (as with our Liar-in-Chief) the definition changes to suit their mood or purpose. What is 'rich'?

What is 'fair share'? If it is not defined by our current tax code, what is it exactly?

Here's an easy question for any liberal who cares to answer. If you don't think that the rich pay a fair share, tell me exactly what their fair share should be. I'll make it easy. Presume the 'rich' person makes an even $100,000 a year. How much should that person give to the government? How much, total, in income tax, state income tax, SS tax, Medicare tax, sales tax, etc.? Give me a dollar figure. How much of the $100,000 that person has earned do they get to keep?

No comments: