As released by the White House today, here are the 23 hard hitting gun conrtol measures that Obama is going to implement by Executive Memorandum, bypassing the do-nothing NRA controlled evil gun clinging Congress. He has followed through on his pledge to the left to attack guns and their owners - Congress, the NRA, and the Constitution be damned. He is taking these drastic measures to save our kids, and they absolutely MUST all be implemented immediately, or thousands will die! The left cheers from coast to coast (actually coast and coast, since no one in the center of the country except illegals is a Democrat).
I looked at this list when it was put out, expecting the worst. The headlines were assault ban, magazine ban,
ammo ban, etc. I kept looking through these 23 items for the hard hitting things that would really piss me off.
They aren't there.
These are 23 things that fall into these categories; Common Sense - Useless - Already Being Done.
Obama is making headlines by touting his 23 measures, hoping his minions don't read the fine print to see what the 23 measures actually are.
The items in here that actually make sense would have passed through Congress with no problem. The stupid shit is just to pad the numbers, to make the total of items larger and more impressive. None of these warrants Presidential action - its all for show.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. Good, though what means 'relevant data'?
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. Good
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. Good, though again, what information?
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. Good, though it is alarming to think that this hasn't already been done.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. Good.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. Good.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. Useless waste of time and money.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). Good, though once again, why hasn't this already been done?
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. Good, but I would think that this is alrady being done.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. Waste of time - anything coming from DoJ is out of date, incomplete, and what is the point anyway?
11. Nominate an ATF director. Good, though this was going to be done anyway.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. Good, much needed.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. WTF does this mean? Useless statement.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Useless. What does the CDC have to do with guns they are not a disease.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. Useless statement, waste of time and money.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. Obamacare is his - doesn't he already know this?
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. OK, no harm.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. VERY Good.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. Good, much needed.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. OK, no harm.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges. WTF does this have to do with guns? Waste of time and money.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. Mental Health 'parity'? What is that?
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. Useless, waste of time and money.
Now, don't fret - Obama still wants to outlaw your guns. He's just realized that he's going to have to go through Congress, or at the state/local level to get it done. I think his minions convinced him that he couldn't do anything substantial unilaterally, or it would have been shot down by SCOTUS and Congress. However, he had to come out with something, to show his base he was acting forcefully on the matter. What a load of crap.
Oh ... there is a cost to all of this crap he's just dumped on us. The White House estimates that there will be $500,000,000 in immediate costs for implementation of His decrees. The ultimate cost, over the life of the decree's reach, is stated at $4,500,000,000. No word from Obama on which rich people he's going to soak for the money.