NY Governor Andrew Cuomo has made no secret of his Presidential ambitions. He has taken a series of steps since his ascension to NY's top seat, all formulated to build his far left kook base. His recent popularity numbers (over the past 6 months) are around 70% (which tells you everything you need to know about the general population of New York).
He's passed through gay marriage legistlation. He's pushed through the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation (more on that a little later). He's now trying to endear himself to the far left kooks who believe abortions are a 'women's health issue'.
His latest bill, called 'The Reproductive Health Care Act', allows unrestricted, elective abortions all the way until the moment of birth. Currently, third trimester abortions are only allowed if the woman's life is in danger. Now, a woman and her child killing partner can terminate the life of an unborn child up to the point where the child's last toes leave the womb.
The bill goes further, making illegal any legislation that in any way restricts abortion or anything to do with abortion. His goal is to turn NY State into the world's abortion capital. I guess he thinks that will help their pathetic economy.
This hypocritical bastard also just rammed through an attack on the 2nd Amendment Rights of NY citizens, in the name of 'protecting the children'. What a piece of shit Cuomo is. With him and Mayor Doomburg in NYC being the faces of the state and city, its no wonder people from New York are fleeing to the sunbelt in record numbers.
NY State Rep. Steve McLaughlin (R) has brought to light the extent of what Cuomo and his Dem minions in the NY State House were trying to push through as parts of the NY SAFE Act (otherwise known as the Adolph Hitler Memorial Gun Confiscation Act). 15 proposals were cut from the final voted on bill, apparently because Democrats knew they were so heinous that public outcry would prevent the bill from passing into law. Democrats then tried like hell to keep these 15 proposals from becoming public knowledge - they know that the release of this information will piss a lot of New Yorkers off;
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be released to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
Rep. McClaughlin tried to bring this information up in session, but was prevented - and then his Democrat counterpart begged him not to make the information public. Very instructive ... NY has learned how to pass legislation from Obama - in the dark of night, out of view of the public they are supposed to serve ...
Thank you, Rep. McLaughlin, for bringing this out into the public eye. Note the discomfort the Democrat keeps showing as he tries to explain the unexplainable. Exposing these left wing creeps will make them scurry for the cover of a rock to hide under.