Friday, November 5, 2010

Deer Season


This weekend is the start of deer hunting season in Texas. Thousands of hunters and wannabe hunters will flood the countryside in the hopes of killing an animal and mounting its antlers as a trophy.

I do not hunt. Although I think firing a weapon (the larger the better) and busting targets is fun, I just don't care to kill animals for sport. I don't have that big a problem with those folks who do ... but I get a kick out of how many consider themselves 'real outdoorsman/hunter' just because they grab a rifle and go sit in a deer stand for a couple of weekends a year. Might be a bit more exciting if the deer could shoot back.

Anyway, for all those who will be out in the scrub this weekend trying to bag that 'Trophy Rack' to put above the fireplace, may I suggest a couple of Trophy Rack alternatives?








No comments: