Sunday, October 4, 2009

IOC Puts the Smackdown on Obama

Sorry, this post is a little late - I know almost everyone already knows about this and all the comments around it. I was on the way to the airport when I heard the vote announcement on the radio, and I wasn't able to get to a computer all weekend.

I cheered when I heard the result of the first round of voting, where Chicago got bounced int he first round with a very small vote total (18). Not that I didn't want Chicago to get the 2016 Games - I really didn't care one way or another. I cheered because fo the underlying meaning of the vote, and the bitch slapping the IOC had just given to the Obamas.

The arrogance and ego of the Obamas was on prime display last week. These two took off to Europe, seperately, determined that they were going to singlehandedly bring back the Olympics to their hometown. Between those two and their lap dog Oprah, they really thought that their 'rockstar' status in the world would save the day, and they'd be heroes. I don't think that any of the three even considered the possibility that Chicago's bid would fail - much less come in dead last. In their minds, it wasn't Chicago up for the games - it was them.

This is a teachable moment - about how the rest of the world really feels about Obama. Face it - much of the rest of the world loves having him in power because he is no threat to them - he's a left wing wuss in the world of international politics, more concerned about how he is perceived than how the country is perceived. When it comes time to deliver on international issues, be it nuclear issues with Iran or the selection of the 2016 Olympics site, he can't do it - no one takes him seriously. I can just imagine the laughter behind the scenes after he showed up for his presentation and gave them a sob story of how hard his upbringing was. I didn't hear it, but the reviews of his presentation I have heard said it was, at best, a boring ego laced diatribe that had almost nothing to do with the Games.

The little I've heard about the White House's response so far seems to indicate they are blaming it on backlash against our standing in the world from past sins (The Bush Administration). Leave it to this pack of idiots - you just knew that they'd blame Bush. They are incapable of realizing what the real reasons were - Chicago had the fourth best bid, and his Obama The Immaculate act doesn't count for anything of substance.

As a taxpayer, I think we are entitled to know how much of our money was wasted on this folly. The First Witch flew over on a C-32 (757 airliner), with full crew, Secret Service presence, and her support staff (including hair dresser). The Immaculate flew over in a VC-25 (747), along with the backup VC-25, and all the Secret Service, military, and support personnel that go along with a Presidential trip. How many millions of dollars did this ego trip cost us?

No comments: