Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Deep Fried What????

In celebration of this, my 200th posting, I have chosen an Earth shattering topic .....

The State Fair of Texas is approaching. This yearly event runs for about a month in Dallas during the fall, and is well known for hosting the annual Texas-OU football game.

The fair is renowned for its food/cooking contests. Among the prizes is the 'Big Tex Choice Award' for the best 'new food'. In recent years, folks have been trying to make a splash in the contest by deep frying just about anything remotely edible. Now, you folks not in Texas may find this gross, but trust me - it's a Texas thang ...

Some of the more imaginative offerings from past years include the Deep Fried Twinkie - Deep Fried Coke - and last year's Deep Fried Bacon. This year's headline item - Deep Fried Butter. Yep ... A lump of whipped butter, battered and deep fried. Heart attack on a stick.

Yum ......

1 comment:

Kath said...

Well, no, I really don't think I could do the deep-fried butter -- but, yes, please, on the deep-fried Twinkie!!! And I heard they do Oreos, too.

And then the bacon -- deep-friend bacon -- well, that just makes good sense, doesn't it?? :)