Monday, September 7, 2009

The Sarge Wins the Big Go


The US Army sponsored Top Fuel dragster, driven by Tony Schumacher, won the NHRA's US Nationals today at Indianapolis. This is the NHRA's biggest race of the season, their equivalent to the Indy 500, or the Daytona 500.

Schumacher, piloting "The Sarge", beat his former crew chief's Al Anabi Racing dragster, driven by Larry Dixon, in the final.

The victory gave Schumacher 8 Top Fuel wins in the US Nationals race, tying him with the legendary 'Big Daddy' Don Garlits with that number. An incredible accomplishment, unlikely to be bettered.
Army Strong!

2 comments:

67Cougar said...

I know, I know ...

Those of you who don't folow drag racing have no idea what this is about. Sorry, but I've been into that form of racing since high school ... so pardon me for recognizing the achievement without giving all of you a history lesson on the NHRA ;)

Kath said...

Don't apologize. I've seen these races on TV, I just don't know who all the people are!