Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Walmart Sucks... Really ....

Most folks have an opinion of Walmart, and its usually not a good one. The place has its uses - generally a few cents cheaper than other places, and a larger assortment of cheap stuff (especially stuff geared to the Hispanic population in my area). But, it's not the poster child for good customer service or efficiency.

I'm standing in line at the Customer Service counter, to return a couple of items. Two clerks, although there are six other Wally World employees standing around laughing with each other. Seven people in line. My turn comes up, and the clerk I step up to abruptly turns her back on me, states 'I'm closed' and walks away.

Now, there is no one in back of me, I'm the last person in line. Dumbstruck, I move over into the other line. The two ladies now in front of me go quickly, so I'm not really out much time. When I get up to this next clerk, I remark about my surprise about the other girl walking away. "Oh, she told me she was going to lunch", as if that was a valid excuse.

This girl, a Walmart employee with 'Customer Service' on her name tag, turned her back on a customer and walked away, rather than spend 30 seconds to take care of the customer. I'm sure her sandwich really needed her right that second - or more likely she had to go take a cell phone break to tell Tawakanieshia about how she had broken one of her 4 inch fingernails.

I don't blame her as much as I blame her management - if someone working for me had done this, they would have been fired on the spot. At Walmart, however, it's just normal customer relations.

1 comment:

Kath said...

And you're right -- it is management's fault. Period.

Bec. if they don't make it clear, then it's going to keep on happening and they won't have to worry about firing the person, the hours for the job will just be cut from lack of sales.

I have recently switched grocery stores bec. every time I went to my regular one -- all I heard was bitching and crabbing.

So, I gave up and now go down the street to a different grocery chain completely.

My biggest argument with Walmart is all the junk -- the stuff that's crowded around every end of an aisle and in the aisle and big displays of things. I realize that's how they give you the low price, but it's too much.

So even though there are 2 Walmarts here within 15 mins. or less, I go to Target. I only go to Walmart at the beach, bec. the only other choice there is Kmart.