Friday, September 25, 2009

Obama Worship - Anything for a Buck

In my business travels, I occasionally visit our nation's capitol. I've been there during every presidential term since Reagan's second. In the Washington area airports, and in tourist stores scattered around the capitol, you can find all sorts of political 'junk' for sale. The amount of junk and what it's message is depends entirely upon who's in office.

During the Clinton years, you'd swear he was Jesus Christ himself from all the worship material you'd see in these stores. For years after George W came into office, the only things you would see were pro-Clinton and anti-Bush. Apparently, Democrat worship makes money - their voters are stupid enough to buy that crap!!!!

In one such junk store at one of the airports earlier this week, I got to view the current crop of Obama worship paraphenalia. I cannot believe (or can I?) the amount of crap that has His or His Wife's image on them. I picked up a couple of samples for my vast viewing audience ...

Here we have "Barack Obama Change Has Come" premium milk chocolate bar, priced 2.99 for 2 ounces. Following are "President Obama Presidential Mints", 3.49 for half an ounce. Finally, "Michele Obama, America's First Lady Making History" chocolate bar, 2.99 for 2 ounces. Just a sampling ... aprons, hats, T-Shirts, kids clothes, playing cards, coasters, golf balls ... rack upon rack of stuff (almost all of which is 'Made in China").

The store is named "America!" .... and that is trademarked. How do you trademark the country's name?????

To be absolutely fair, there was a small section of anti-Obama stuff - stickers, magnets, a few TShirts and mugs. But, it was a fraction of the amount in the pro-O section. Here are a couple of gems I picked up, along with a 'Nope' mug I will send over to friend Outlaw13...

I don't dare put either of these on my vehicle - it will be vandalized within 10 minutes if I did so ....

I found the Obama jack-in-the-box quite amusing - it was sitting in the pro-O area, though I don't believe it was intended as a compliment to Him. I didn't see it, but can imagine Obama brand condoms, and maybe Obamaglide personal lubricant ... with a quote from Obama on the label "relax, I'm going to screw you, you may as well enjoy it". Oh well, a little editorial license on my part.

I pick up these items and go to the counter, where a pleasant young black lady smiles at me, says hello, and starts ringing up the items. When she reaches the 'Nope' items, the smile turns into a frown, and she doesn't say another word ... no thank you, no nothing.

Now, upon exiting the store, comes the best part. Life sized carboard standups of the A-hole in Chief and the First Witch are located next to the door. Three young asian ladies are taking turns photographing each other with the standups. I can't resist .... I call out to them, in a voice that is slightly louder than it needs to be "cover your purses ladies ... he'll steal them". They look at me, then all three bust out laughing. Nice young black lady clerk yells at me to get out of the store (which I already technically am, about two feet outside). I look at her, wave, and tell her to have a nice day.

I've struck a tremendous blow against the Obama regime, and I am happy ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why 67 I'm shocked, NOT!

It would only be funnier if you had video. Thanks for the uncontrolled laughter...does that count as my workout for the day?

Margot said...

omg. You have made my day! I would have given anything to have been there.

Kath said...

You are so bad!! 2.99 for a candy bar? Geez.

Well, at least they named the store America.