Monday, September 14, 2009

The New York Times Wants You(r Money)

I received an invitation from the New York Times in the mail today. An invitation to subscribe to their newspaper for home delivery. They must really be hurting if they're canvasing folks in Texas to subscribe.

Now, I really hate the NYT. It is nothing but a printed mouthpiece for liberal causes of all kinds, and has become the unofficial newspaper of the Obama Regime - Obama wants it written, the NYT is happy to oblige.

Having traveled internationally a bunch, I have been exposed to the overseas editions of the NYT, typically given out to air travelers, many times as the only English printed material available. Many folks overseas get their US news from this rag, and if you think the US edition is liberal, you ain't seen nothing until you've read the US hating trash printed in the international version. The copies printed in Europe make the NYT US version look like the Limbaugh Letter.

Anyway, I am sure a lot of you will receive this invitation from them to give up your money. Rather than throw it away, may I make a suggestion? Take the postage paid envelope enclosed with the invitation and drop it in the mail. You don't have to subscribe - dropping the envelope into the mail charges the postage to NYT. If you want to drop a small note into the envelope telling their subscription department what you think of the left wing America hating crap they print, I won't try to talk you out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this suggestion a few years ago. I only bother with the ones that give me joy to charge them their own postage to read my comments! It puts a smile on my face, even on rainy Mondays.

Kath said...

They seem to have a very exalted opinion of themselves. But in my humble opinion -- they stink!! :) And, yes, I have read the paper. And, no, I for sure wouldn't pay any money for a subscription!!