Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Hero Flies With The Angels

My father took his final flight this evening. After 10 years of defending this country in the air, and 28 years of moving this country through the air, he didn't need any man-made wings for this last flight. He rode on the Wings of Angels to the highest of heights, and now flies as the Lord's co-pilot. Godspeed, my father .... my hero..

Update - My father was laid to rest yesterday in the DFW National Cemetary. My thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Scott said...

My deepest sympathies.

Eternal rest grant unto him, oh Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
Through the mercy of God may he rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. God's word says he gives us the delights of our heart -- I'm sure your Dad is still flying...

Margot said...

I am so sorry. What a tribute to both you and your father that he was your "hero". That is special. I too am sure your Dad is still flying and will be keeping an eye on you.

I know you will miss him.

Kath said...

Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry. Peaceful thoughts to you and all your family.

May all the remembrances be happy ones.

Take care.