Friday, June 3, 2011

Dr. Death Departs


Now we learn of the natural, unassisted death of Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the physician who became famous as Dr. Death for helping terminally ill folks end their own lives.

I'm not going to address the controversy over what he did or why. I admit to having conflicted opinions on that.

What I will address is the paradox I am hearing in the media over his passing. Some Mightier Than Thou pundits are passing judgement on him and the evil, immoral thing he did. I have heard some of those same pundits in the past proclaim their total support for abortion rights.

For those folks specifically, I have a question. How can you believe it to be morally and legally wrong to help a terminally ill person end their life by their own choice, and at the same time believe it is perfectly moral and legal to end a life at its very start, not by their choice?

No comments: