Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss California Attacked by Gays



Miss California, Carrie Prejean, came in second in last night's Miss USA pageant. Carrie, is seen on the right, with winner Kristen Dalton (Miss North Carolina).

Normally, I wouldn't give any notice to this. Beauty pageants just don't hold much interest for me. However, the headlines surrounding the pageant this morning, and in particular comments made by Carrie and the reaction to them, really pissed me off.

During the Q&A session, flaming gay gossip blogger Perez Hilton asked Carrie whether she believed in gay marriage or not. Her reply:

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Now that's a good answer. She stated her beliefs, born from her religion and upbringing, without forcing them on anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right?

Apparently not in California.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman. I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family." - Keith Lewis, co-director of the Miss CA pageant

So, Mr. Lewis believes that all religions should be able to ordain whatever unions they see fit, unless those religions believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

"I think it's ridiculous that she got first runner-up. That is not the value of 95 percent of the people in this audience. Look around this audience and tell me how many gay men there are." - Scott Ihrig, a self professed gay man who attended the pageant with his partner.

Mr. Ihrig, it's the Miss USA pageant, not the Miss Gay Hollywood pageant.

Many in the media are blaming Miss California's loss on her answer. I am sure that the mainstream media and all the gossip blog world are all up in arms over her 'hateful' answer - but I won't waste the electrons on my computer checking them out.

Again, I don't care about pageants at all. What I do care about is this blatant example of the hypocrisy of the far left in this country - freedom of speech is only applicable if the speech agrees with their viewpoint. Freedom of thought is only acceptable if it mirrors their own. Freedom of religion is only celebrated if it is the religion they want to pursue - all other religions are racist hate spewing homophobes. If anything does not agree with their stance on anything, then that thing (or person) is evil and to be stomped down.

It seems to me that many of the most outspoken gay and lesbian members of our society have taken the hatred that was once shown to them (and sadly sometimes still is) and turned it around on everyone who doesn't agree with them.

I don't agree with same sex marriage. It is against my morals and beliefs. That does not mean that I harbor resentment or hatred towards gays and lesbians. It does mean that I have a real problem with members of that community who shout as loudly as they can that I am evil for my beliefs.

And, for those pricks who think otherwise, I dedicate this picture of Miss California on the runway last night. Very nice looking young lady.


2 comments:

Kath said...

On another blog, which shall remain nameless (Big Hollywood) a month or so ago this same discussion came up.
And my comment was I'm getting tired of being told I'm wrong for saying basically what this girl said and what you are saying, 67 -- and what lots of other people have said/still say -- I don't believe in same sex marriage, I disagree with it.
And don't get in my face and tell me I'm wrong to say that, I am allowed my beliefs and feelings just as anyone is.

Let me tell you, this one guy right away had to answer my comment with "you ARE wrong" and explained his long-term relationship and how I was wrong again and on and on. And he wasn't the only one. And my comment on there was polite and simply stated. And especially that one guy was just nasty back.

So, yes, 67, you are RIGHT. Your opinion on this is allowed, but only if you agree -- and doesn't that go against everything?

Kath said...

Plus which -- Perez Hilton as a beauty pageant judge? Excuse me???? Now there's a WTF moment.