Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Spoiled by Crime Against Humanity


In celebration of Earth Day, I felt I owed it to my massive reading audience (3 at the last count) to expose this recent crime against humanity.

NASCAR has certified the Toyota Camry hybrid as an official pace car for several races this season. Toyota .... hybrid ... NASCAR ... this is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start.

I have nothing against Toyota itself. My wife and daughter drive Solaras (two door Camrys), and I consider them to be very good cars. I did have a problem with them coming into NASCAR, but have gotten over it - their coming into the sport and support of it at this time of economic chaos has been a lifeline to the sport. I didn't have a problem with a Camry pacing the field at certain races.

But a hybrid ??????

So, we're going to be treated to the smell of ozone coming off the electrical connections, rather than the lucious smell of 104 octane racing fuel? When you push start, are they going to start a tape of a gasoline V-8 roaring to life?

Good God, life as we know it is coming to an end .....

1 comment:

Kath said...

Tacky, tacky, tacky. A hybrid is not NASCAR.