Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) just released his now yearly report on the horrendous waste of our tax dollars going on in Washington. He details 100 of the worst offenders, and it will make your blood boil. Thank you, Senator, for continuing to show us what a bunch of crooks we've got running this country.
Why in the world do we continue to allow the Federal Government continue to raise our taxes, now worse than ever, when this is what they do with our money?
If you take the time to read through it, you'll find a preponderence of items listed originated with the National Institute of Health and the National Science Foundation - two organizations that should be wiped from the face of the Earth!
Warning - don't read this if you are easily upset ...
Here are a few gems:
- $740,000 given to Montana State University to study how wild sheep can be used to control weeds.
- $132,000 granted to redesign a show website for PBS, Jonathan Bird's Blue World.
- $499,000 given to the Christopher Columbus Fellowship Society for no reason anyone can identify.
- $80,000 to upgrade a street median in Washington DC.
- $339,000 awarded by the National Science Foundation to study weaving in Iceland.
- $5,180,000 to fund the construction of a Steamboat Overlook Interpretive Center in Louisiana.
- $923,000 awarded by the National Science Foudnation to study how robots can be used to help pre-schoolers learn to read.
- $592,000 from the National Institute of Health to study why monkeys throw their shit.
- $25,000 to transcibe a 6 hour love ballad for the Maldives Islands.
- $198,000 to UC Riverside to study whether using social media makes persons happy or not, awarded by the National Science Foundation.
- $18,800,000 for 160 grants nationwide for theaters to promote performing arts.
- $606,000 to Columbia University to study online dating.
- $160,000 for 16 professors to spend 5 weeks in Rome this past summer, apparently on vacation.
- $425,000 for a study on how to tell Indian (country of India) local level officials how to govern better.
- $52,000 for the USAF Academy to construct a pagan 'Stonehenge-like' outdoor worship location for cadets who worship the earth.
- $500,000 from the National Science Foundation for the creation of plays that explain scientific principles for children.
- $500,000 from the National Science Foundation to study how political information is disseminated on the internet.
- $610,000 to study the well being of people in other countries.
- $300,000 from the National Science Foundation to create a dance program explaining the origins of matter.
- $170,000 to study hookah pipe smoking habit changes in students.
- $182,000 to create an iPhone app to advertise Tennessee produce.
- $8,300,000 for a program to preserve covered bridges.
- $126,000 to study political campaign websites.
- $765,000 from the National Science Foundation to study how students use social networking.
- $492,000 from the National Science Foundation to study whether information in tweets is trustworthy.
And a whole lot more ...