Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

To everyone out there, whether you agree with my opinions or not, please have a happy and safe Memorial Day holiday.

Please try to remember the reason for the holiday. Those of you who believe might want to say a prayer or two for those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

God Bless America!

Update - I went to the DFW National Cemetary today, to pay my respects to my father and the thousands of others who rest there. I expected there to be some people there ... but WOW! It took me almost an hour of sitting in line to get in and then get parked. Thousands of people there. The local 457FS flew a missing man in their F-16s overhead. Marine Honor Guards fired a 21 gun salute with their howitzers. Red/white/blue everywhere. A warm day, not a cloud in the sky. I think those who rest there would have been proud.

Took some time to look at the folks who lay near my father's grave. Many WWII vets, and many more Vietnam vets. We.ve all heard about the high rate of WWII vets passing away each day - well, from what I saw, a whole lot of the Vietnam era folks are joining them. I was also struck bu the number of Privates, Airmen, and ordinary Seamen interred there - makes you realize that the 'grunts' are the larget part of any military force, and always bear the brunt of the fight.

I see where Obama took some time out of his vacation to go to a local cemetary in Chicago. His remarks were rained out - guess he's too good to get his coat wet. I can imagine the souls of every vet interred there looking down and laughing at the small amount of 'social justice' that rain cloud provided on this day!

No comments: