Monday, February 8, 2010

A WTF Moment Today

It's times like these that I really wish I'd start carrying an easy to use camera with me ....

While driving during the lunch hour today, I saw something that made me do a double, then triple take. I'm driving down Arapaho Road. This is a six lane divided road, with a speed limit of 40mph. It has a lot of traffic, particularly during the lunch hour (which this was). It was 37 degress outside, raining heavily, with a lot of standing water on the road.

As I pass through the Preston Road intersection, I see a man on a unicycle riding in the traffic lanes going in the opposite direction. He was riding in the center of the rightmost lane. He had on a helmet, a high-vis vest, and is on a three foot dia. wheel unicycle with an off road tire.

A Unicycle? In a rain storm? On a heavily traveled street? Doing 4mph in a 40mph zone? How stupid can a human being be?
This looks a lot like the one this fellow was riding - three foot diameter wheel put him way above the ground.

No comments: