Monday, May 4, 2009

This is Chris Matthews?


I have absolutely no use for Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's Hardball and overall lunatic fringe rabid liberal media attack dog. I can't even watch this guy, he's so abrasive and blatantly partisan - supposedly no-nos for a media representative?

Mark Davis is a local conservative radio talk show host, he plies his trade on WBAP-820 in the Dallas area. To give you an idea of how conservative Mark is, he occasionally guests hosts for Rush Limbaugh (and does very well at it).

To my surprise this morning, while semi-listening to Mark's show, I hear him say that he's interviewing Matthews up next. ??????? Well, this ought to be interesting ....

Matthews is making the radio talk show rounds promoting his new book. I listened to his back and forth with Mark for 8-10 minutes, and was shocked. What I heard was a thoughtful, respectful man, who while standing by his liberal principles, was gracious about it. He had great things to say about Jack Kemp, who he considered a friend. He waxed poetic about the good old days of Reagan and Tip O'Neil - where these political titans fought over principle but did it with style and respect. He said he voted for Bush in 2000, and admired him in the aftermath of 9/11, and said his only real problem with Bush's policies was Iraq. No hatred, no far left propaganda ....

I don't know if I heard the real Chris Matthews, who uses a different persona on the TV to generate ratings (as poor as MSNBC's are), or if I heard the sham of someone trying to sell a book on a conservative talk show. Hearing his words, and how they were delivered, I tend to believe the former.

Doesn't mean I'll watch his show ....

No comments: