Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Care to Feel Your Age?

If you're a member of 'my generation', you grew up with Rock music. How about a gut check? Here are some Rockstars we grew up with, and their current ages ....

Duane Allman 64
Gregg Allman 63
Michael Anthony 54
Pat Benatar 57
Bono 49
David Bowie 63
Lindsey Buckingham 62
David Cassidy 59
Peter Cetera 66
Eric Clapton 65
Roger Daltry 66
Mickey Dolenz 65
John Fogerty 65
Peter Frampton 60
Glenn Frey 62
David Gilmour 63
Sammy Hagar 63
Alex Van Halen 60
Eddie Van Halen 52
Debbie Harry 65
Mick Jagger 67
Elton John 63
Davey Jones 65
Geddy Lee 57
Paul McCartney 68
Stevie Nicks 62
Ted Nugent 62
Jimmy Page 65
Steve Perry 61
David Lee Roth 55
Carlos Santana 63
Bob Seger 65
Gene Simmons 61
Sting 59
Pete Townshend 65
Robin Trower 65
Tina Turner 71
Steven Tyler 62
Joe Walsh 63

Anyone out there of my generation should be able to name the groups all of these rockers were a part of.

It amazes me to see some of these folks still out there on stage - albeit a bit slower, a bit less wild and crazy, but still out there performing. When I was much younger, I thought folks in this age range were all in wheel chairs. Now that I'm approaching this age range, it doesn't seem quite as old as it used to ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee that really helped me brush off my first reality check for today... FB friends were passing around a link to find the top song on your birthday. I found out mine was Venus by Frankie Avalon! lol Anyone have a spare wheelchair?