Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Justice Kagan Believes Sexual Bias HELPED Her

Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan, speaking before a gathering at the University of Tennessee Law School, admitted that she believes that her gender played a major factor in being chosen by Obama for the High Court. 

"To tell you the truth, there were also things that I got because I was a woman.  I mean, I'm not sure I'd be sitting here, I'm not sure I would have been President Obama's nominee if I weren't a woman and if he weren't as committed as he was to ensuring that there was diversity on the Supreme Court."  - Elena Kagan

Candid, and truthful, which is refreshing.  The fact she cannot be removed from her position on the Court no matter what she says probably enhanced her candidness.

While I agree with her assessment, as far as it goes, I would suggest to Justice Kagan that gender was one of four qualifications Obama looked at when choosing her;

1)  Gender (acknowledged).

2)  Sexual Orientation.

3)  The fact she was Obama's Solicitor General (chief lawyer) in the White House.

4)  She was a lapdog for Obama, and could be counted on to vote in his favor no matter what the issue was that came before the court.

For those on the left who scoff at Number 4, consider this - she should have recused herself from the Obamacare decision, since she was part of the White House during its construction and passage, and had publicly stated her strong support for it.  If she had done what she should have, we wouldn't have that huge albatross hanging around our necks right now.





No comments: