Sunday, November 11, 2012

Give A Pause For Veteran's Day

For most folks, Veterans Day passes without notice.  For most it is just an inconvenience, because it means the post office and banks are closed on Monday.  That is unfortunate, and indicative of how far our society has fallen.

I ask you to please pause a moment and give a thought to the millions of men and women who have worn a military uniform in service of our country.

For myself, I'd like to recognize those who are close to me;

My father, who served in the USAF during the Cold War as a nuclear strike pilot.

My uncle, who served in the USAF before, during, and after the Vietnam War.

My uncle, who served in the USAF during the Cold War.

A cousin, who served in the USMC as a pilot.

My brother in law, who served in the USAF during the Vietnam War.

My father in law, who I never had the pleasure of knowing, who served in the USN during WWII.

A close friend, who served in the US Army for 25 years as an attack helicopter pilot, with three tours in Iraq.

A good friend, who served in the USAF as an A-10, F-4, and F-117 pilot.

A good friend, who served in the USAF during the Vietnam War, was shot down and spent time as a POW.

Thank you, to my relatives, friends, and the millions who I have never met, for your service.

No comments: